In lieu of this month’s Employer of the Month feature, we’d like to share some suggestions for finding employers to connect with during your job search in this unprecedented time.
By government definition, essential services are those daily services essential to preserving life, health, public safety and basic societal functioning. They are the services British Columbians come to rely on in their daily lives.
Essential services fall under the following sectors:
- Health and Health Services
- Direct-to-Public Health Services
- Health Service Providers
- Law Enforcement, Public Safety, First Responders and Emergency Response Personnel
- Vulnerable Population Service Providers
- Critical Infrastructure Service Providers
- Food and Agriculture Service Providers
- Transportation, Infrastructure and Manufacturing
- Communications, Information Sharing and Information Technology (IT)
- Non-Health Essential Service Providers
For a fully detailed list of all essential services within those sectors, during COVID-19: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/essential-services-covid-19
Keep an eye on our Career Centre job board.
Stay up-to-date with the latest positions, as posted directly by local employers.
Research companies who have had to pivot their business or change their mandate during this time, to see if they need help.
Examples of business pivoting:
- In-person services shifting to online services
- Distilleries making hand sanitizer
- Restaurants shifting to delivery model (often contactless)
- Manufacturers shifting to production of health protective wear, such as gloves and masks, and vital health equipment, such as ventilators
Please check back next month for our regular feature.
Stay safe and well, and please reach out to us for ongoing job search support.