FROM RETIRED TO REHIRED: Putting Your Experience to Work
Mature job seekers – local Employers are looking for you!
In this FREE 16 week program, the Career Centre will be offering skills training aimed at preparing you for interesting work in the Hospitality and Retail fields in the Parksville-Qualicum area. Increase your interpersonal skills, job readiness, essential work skills and gain industry-specific training at no cost to you. Paid work experience is prearranged with local employers.
What are the requirements in order to be considered for the program?
Those who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- 55 years or older at the time of the program
- unemployed or precariously employed
- living in British Columbia
- not participating in another funded program or in school
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person legally entitled to work in Canada
NOTE: You do not have to be retired to participate.
PLEASE NOTE: We currently do not have any new intakes scheduled at this time.