Website Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort & Conference Centre
The Food & Beverage Service Manager will be responsible for the smooth operation of cedars Restaurant & Lounge while on shift. This position will ensure that all standards are being followed, service runs smoothly, and team members are supported on their roles.
1. Achieving the highest service standards and exceeding a high guest expectation daily.
2. Responsible for ensuring all standard operating procedures and policies are implemented and adhered to by the team members to successfully operate the outlets.
3. Ensure the overall cleanliness of all outlet facilities and ensure that areas in need of attention are addressed by team members and/or Housekeeping.
4. Assist staff in running food, touching tables, bussing, reviewing cash outs, etc to ensure the levels of service & food quality are met for guests.
5. Make procedural recommendations and maintain standards of food and beverage quality and guest service.
6. Resolve associate and/or guest conflict through service recovery and implement change when necessary.
7. Develop team members through motivation, recognition and training.
8. Assist with 30, 90 day and annual team member reviews.
9. Maintain a thorough knowledge of menu, wine list, drink prices, general policies and procedures.
10. Assist in the development and maintenance of a client contact base.
11. Maintain ambience of restaurant – lighting, music, cleanliness, hygiene.
12. Checking and dealing with guests Special Occasion arrangements e.g. Birthdays, Anniversaries, Honeymoons, Weddings.
13. Promote special In-House events e.g. Winemakers Dinners, Cocktails, Tasting sessions.
14. Follow up with guests throughout their meal to ensure that they are receiving the experience they requested.
15. Any other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Hospitality or Culinary diploma or degree an asset
• Serving it Right Certificate
• Food Safe Level 1
• Driver’s License
• Previous experience as a server or bartender in a restaurant
• Strong leadership skills, including a minimum of 3-4 years of Restaurant supervisory or management experience
• Ability to impart your passion & knowledge of food, wine & service to team members
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word & Excel
• Micros experience preferred
• Strong training skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Able to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, weekends & holidays
• Excellent hospitality & interpersonal skills
• Strong organization skills
• Able to life at least 20 pounds
• Strong focus on guest needs, service levels & working atmosphere
• Able to multi-task & prioritize, ensuring efficiency
• Reliable, ethical, well-groomed & professional in appearance & behaviours
• Level 1 or higher Sommelier certification is considered an asset
Health and Wellness
• Extended Health & Dental Plan
• Use of the facilities (pool, sports court, beach, fitness room, etc.)
Tigh-Na-Mara Discounts exclusive for our Team Members
• Team member meals for $3.50
• Special pricing on drinks in cedars lounge
• 30% off in the Gift Shop or Spa Retail
• 30% discount on Spa Services
• 30% off in cedars restaurant & lounge for food & non-alcoholic beverages for up to 4 people
• 50% off on cedars menu while on shift
• 50% off mid-week Mineral Pool passes for self & guest
• Special pricing on Gift Shop items in November for Christmas shopping
• Team member room rates, based upon availability
Reward & Recognition
• Spirit Award & trip (similar to an Employee of the Year)
• Anniversary receptions (wine & cheese party)
• Birthday/Anniversary recognition
• Gift for wedding & birth of a baby
• Long Service Recognition (5, 10, 15 20 & 25 years) Gifts & Dinner
• Recognition for going above & beyond with SEA Star $20 TNM Resort Spending Credit
• $25.00 TNM Resort Spending Credit for referring new hires using our Hire a Friend Program
• CASH rewards for referring NEW Group business ($3/room night actualized)
Training & Development
• Opportunities to learn, grow, and advance within the Resort
• In House Training Opportunities: Orientation, SuperHost, Train the Trainer
• Tuition Re-imbursement (for work-related courses)
• In-House Library of Management Books
Team Member Events
• Wonderful Family Summer BBQ
• Halloween dress up with prizes
• Fabulous Year End Party Dinner & Dance!
• Kerry’s Car Service, Parksville – 10% off
• Iris Advantage
• Discounted local gym membership (Jim’s Gym)Parksville Chrysler - F&F Pricing on vehicle purchases (new & used) and 10% off Parts & Service
• Helijet – preferred pricing for Team Members
• Mark’s Work Wear World
Please apply with resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com