Website Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort & Conference Centre
The Pines Gift Shop specializes in Vancouver Island made goods. We offer work from over 40 local artists and small businesses, 12 more from the wider BC area, and a further 10 sourced Canada wide. The chosen candidate will offer friendly and genuine customer service to our guests, with a passion for shopping local. The role includes cashier duties, receiving and verifying orders, and stocking shelves. You will also be required to assist in counting during our monthly inventory. The Pines Gift Shop is also responsible for the resorts room amenities (small gifts we leave in rooms for our guest’s arrival). The Gift Shop Attendant prints arrivals reports daily, prepares the amenities, and works with a variety of departments to ensure the right amenity gets to the right room, at the right time. At Tigh-Na-Mara we empower our Team Members to take the initiative, and you will be expected to work both as part of a team but also independently. Qualifications The chosen candidate will have a strong attention to detail and be confident on computers. Retail and cash handling experience is a plus, but full training will be given.
**Must be available to work weekends.**Education required:
High School GraduateIncentives / perks:
Health and Wellness
- Use of the facilities (pool, sports court, beach, fitness room, etc.)
Tigh-Na-Mara Discounts exclusive for our Team Members
- Team member meals for $3.50.
- Special pricing on drinks in cedars lounge. 30% off in the Gift Shop or Spa Retail.
- 30% off in cedars restaurant & lounge for food & non-alcoholic beverages for up to 4 people
- 50% off on cedars menu while on shift .
- Special pricing on Gift Shop items in November for Christmas shopping.
- Team member room rates, based upon availability
Reward & Recognition
- Spirit Award & trip (similar to an Employee of the Year).
- Anniversary receptions (wine & cheese party).
- Birthday/Anniversary recognition.
- Gift for wedding & birth of a baby.
- Recognition for going above & beyond with SEA Star $20 TNM Resort Spending Credit.
- $25.00 TNM Resort Spending Credit for referring new hires using our Hire a Friend Program.
- CASH rewards for referring NEW Group business ($3/room night actualized)
Training & Development
- Opportunities to learn, grow, and advance within the Resort In House Training Opportunities: Orientation, SuperHost, Train the Trainer Tuition Re-imbursement (for work-related courses) In-House Library of Management Books
Team Member Events
- Wonderful Family Summer BBQ
- Halloween dress up with prizes
- Fabulous Year End Party Dinner & Dance!
- Kerry’s Car Service, Parksville
- 10% off Iris Advantage
- Discounted local gym membership (Jim’s Gym)
- Parksville Chrysler - F&F Pricing on vehicle purchases (new & used)
- 10% off Parts & Service Helijet
Please apply with resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org