Do you have accommodation in Vancouver or Whistler during the 2010Â Olympics and are interested inÂ working in security? If so, you may want to attend an upcoming hiring fair for Contemporary Security Friday, September 25, 2009 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m at Supporting Employment Transitions, 101-155 Skinner Street, Nanaimo.
Contemporary Security will be hiring, training and placing 6000 people to provide security for the 2010 Olympics and Paralympics in Vancouver, from January 15th to the end of March 2010.
Training will be provided before Christmas 2009:
- Pay during training will be $10.00 per hour
- Workplace pay will be $16.00 per hour
- Some supervisory or specialized positions MAY pay up to $30.00
All applicants must:
-Bring 2 pieces of ID to the Hiring Fair to apply for any position (driver’s license or picture ID and birth certificate or passport)
-Be able to pass a criminal record check and fingerprinting
When they arrive at the Hiring Fair:
- Applicants will apply online at SET and then wait while their applications are checked
- Applicants will be interviewed on site
- If accepted for employment, they will then fill out paperwork
All employees will be trained and given the necessary uniforms and/or equipment to do their job