Creating Job Postings To Attract Top Candidates
Did you know the Career Centre offers a free job posting service which gets an average of 1,200 views a day? Ensure you get the best employee by creating a job posting that stands out and attracts highly skilled and qualified candidates.
Before you post your job, take the time to prepare a job description. Think about what skills, qualifications and attributes you need your new employee to possess. Having a job description available will provide clear details to any interested candidates on the roles and responsibilities of the position.
Service Canada’s webpage, Human Resources Management for Employers, has tips and tools for everything from writing job descriptions to hiring and training employees.
Write a job posting that makes your business stand out and attracts the best candidates. Offer fair compensation and outline the benefits of working in your organization.
“The WorkBC Employer’s Tool Kit: A Resource for British Columbia Businesses” suggests that “When it comes to advertising a position, you need to market to the whole person, not just to their specific job skills.” Remember the “best employers attract the best candidates”.
A few ideas…
Items to consider incorporating in your job posting include:
- An environment that fosters a spirit of creativity and innovation
- Recognition and reward for high performance
- Opportunities for advancement
- Mentoring and coaching opportunities
- Organizational values that align with personal values
- A culture that supports diversity in the workplace
- Fair compensation with a great benefits plan
- The ability to have a great work/life balance
- Including your company logo personalizes your job posting and will ensure it stands out!
I need a little extra…
For assistance with your recruitment needs, our job posting service or for information on hiring programs and incentives for employers, please contact Lorrie Mohl, our Employer Services Coordinator at 250.248.3205 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other resources to assist you in creating an effective job posting:
Province of BC:
Human Resources Management for Employers