Single Parent Employment Initiative (SPEI)
If you are a single parent receiving income or disability assistance (for at least 3 months), you may be eligible for training and support to secure a long-term job through SPEI.
Find out if you qualify for:
- Up to 12 months of funded training or paid work experience
- Continued income or disability assistance while in training
- Child care costs covered during your training or work placement and for the first year of employment
- Transit costs to and from school
- Health supplement coverage for a full year after you leave income assistance for employment (this includes dental, optical and premium-free Medical Services Plan and Pharmacare programs)
- Exemptions for bursaries, grants and scholarships when you are in an approved training program
Schedule an appointment with our BCEA Specialist Employment Consultant, or attend a scheduled SPEI Information Session to learn more.