Single Parent Employment Initiative (SPEI)
The Single Parent Employment Initiative (SPEI) was created to address the unique challenges you may be facing as a single parent receiving income and disability assistance. You may be eligible for training and supports to secure long-term and sustainable employment.
Available Services and Supports:
- Up to two years of funded training
- A paid work experience placement
- Continue to receive income or disability assistance while attending training
- Dependent care costs that may exceed the $35 per day, per dependent maximum to cover the full cost of childcare (a top-up to the Affordable Child Care Benefit)
- Transportation costs that include mileage if using private vehicle, or public transit costs to and from school
- Exemptions for bursaries, scholarships and grants that are required for the program of study
- Employment transitions dependent care for 12 months of employment (not consecutive 12 months)
- Health supplement coverage for a full year after leaving income or disability assistance for employment
- Single parents of all ages and genders who are in receipt of income or disability assistance
- Must have been on income or disability assistance for three consecutive months
Call us at 250.248.3205 to schedule an appointment with one of our Employment Consultants and learn more.